My child has been assessed by ASDetect as ‘high likelihood” for autism; what should I do?

May 26, 2017 - Melinda Denham - in category Assessment Support

No Comments

If your child has a “high likelihood” for autism, or if you suspect that your child may have autism, it is important to consult your doctor (GP or Paediatrician) or Maternal and Child nurse as soon as possible to discuss the results, and begin the formal assessment process. They will be able to provide you with the various options and provide next steps (for more information, see How can I get a formal assessment for autism?).

If you would like to learn more about autism in general, State-based advocacy and information organisations are listed in the sidebar menu on this page.

Share this article