ASDetect is a free app that empowers parents and caregivers to assess the social attention and communication behaviours of their children younger than 2½ years (between 11 and 30 months).
ASDetect is available for Android, iPhones and iPads
This video-led self-assessment app is based on comprehensive, rigorous, world-class research conducted at the Olga Tennison Autism Research Centre. The research underlying this app has been remarkably accurate in the early detection of autism and other related developmental conditions.
ASDetect guides parents through each assessment using a combination of videos and questions, as well as activities that you can do with your child. Each assessment will take between 20 and 30 minutes to complete.
• Actual video footage of children both with and without autism
• Age-appropriate questions based on clinical research into the ‘red flags’ of autism at each stage of a child’s development
• The ability to review all answers before submitting
• An on-screen result of either ‘low’ or ‘high’ likelihood of autism
• A personalised, comprehensive results email for each assessment.
It was built with the generous support of the Salesforce Foundation, a US-based philanthropic organisation based on the simple idea of leveraging technology, people, and resources to improve communities throughout the world. For more information, see Salesforce.org